It’s a new year and many people are talking about doing a cleanse or a detox. Many of these programs entail fasting, juice cleanses, enema cleanses or perhaps Beyonce’s Lemonade Diet that became a popular rapid weight loss and detox remedy. I am not a fan of any of these to say the least as some can do more harm than good. I’ve seen people lose muscle mass, get really hangry, bloated or constipated. Who needs that?!
The body has its own amazing detoxification system using the skin, liver, kidneys and the colon. Certain foods help to maximize these pathways that help the body eliminate toxins that include chemicals, pollutants, medications and other substances that accumulate.
Quick Fix and Shock Appeal
Many of us want a quick fix that rids our bodies of all the junk we’ve been consuming and then magically have the body we want and feel good. Most people really don’t want to change their behavior and create new habits that are actually going to work. So, knowing we need to do something, we turn to the extreme only to be disappointed after it’s over that we actually feel worse, gain the water weight back and are stuck with your same old unhealthy habits.
The Truth about Toxins and Your Body
The body has its own amazing detoxification system using the skin, liver, kidneys and the colon. Certain foods help to maximize these pathways that help the body eliminate toxins that include chemicals, pollutants, medications and other substances that accumulate. Toxins are not just substances consumed but can also be thought patterns, relationship patterns, media consumption, and other unhealthy habits that affect our physical and mental health.
Why a Reset is a Better Option
The pandemic has been rough and so many of us have turned to sugar and alcohol and binge watching TV to get us through. I get it! But, we are ultimately harming ourselves with these short-term comfort fixes. Back by popular demand, the 21 day Reset program I am hosting through Pilates Central Wellness enhances the body’s detoxification pathways and helps to create new habits while discovering exactly what foods and substances help you to feel your best. Starting January 31st, this 21 day mind-body/whole foods nutrition plan designed by the Institute of Functional Medicine emphasizes the foods that assist the body in doing its detox job and eliminates potential foods and substances that can interfere or stress the body’s systems. Here how it works:
- Reset hormones: you can help to reset your stress hormones and insulin by eliminating sugar, caffeine and alcohol. Better sleep and weight loss is common as a result.
- Reset the immune system by eliminating the common food allergens. This helps you to discover triggers for common physical symptoms such as allergies, headaches, body aches, digestive symptoms and sleep issues, etc.
- Reset your mindset: Bring mindfulness to what you are eating and drinking fostering a connection to habits and behaviors that are on autopilot that may be contributing to nagging symptoms, fatigue or brain fog.
- Reset inflammation: Decreases inflammation that underlies many chronic diseases, pain, and weight gain.
- Reset habits: The program provides a lot education regarding the mind-body connection and other lifestyle factors that empowers you to make new choices. 21 days is the average time needed to create new habits.
What you get in the Winter Reset 2022:
- Guidebook with menu, recipes and shopping lists
- Optional Weight Loss version that incorporates the latest research on hormones and weight loss and evidence based tips for weight loss
- Tracking Journal
- Daily educational and inspiration emails
- Weekly webinars (4) with more education, Q & A and a guided meditation
- Group accountability and support
- Starts Monday, January 31st – this gives you the weekend prior to prepare
Reset Yourself Tips:
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat more colorful fruits and vegetables
- Cut out added sugars and sweeteners
- Eat more garlic, onions, cruciferous vegetables
- Take a break from booze
- Cut back on caffeine
Hundreds of people have participated in this program in the past. I was amazed at how consistent and powerful it was to help people address persistent health issues, uncover food intolerances, increase mental clarity and improve mood and take off some weight.
Registration is through Pilates Central Wellness. You will need to register for their class sign-up system. Click on Class Schedule. Go to January 31st and you will find the Reset listed. Click on More Details for purchasing the Reset. Call their office if you have difficulty with this process.
Pricing: Standard program – $97, Weight Loss program – $125. Please message me with questions.